Oceanside Library makes its spaces available on equal terms to all qualified groups subject to the regulations below:
1. The Library’s virtual meeting rooms may be requested and facilitated by Oceanside Library cardholders only.
2. Virtual meeting room booking requests must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the anticipated meeting date and time. Any changes to an accepted request must also be made no less than 48 hours in advance.
3. Permission to use a Zoom room is not transferable from one individual or organization to another.
4. Virtual meeting rooms must be reserved by an adult (18 years of age or older). Persons allowing children to join virtual meetings must assume responsibility for their behavior and supervision.
5. Zoom rooms must not be entered more than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled meeting start time and must be vacated at the scheduled meeting end time.
6. All attendees must conduct themselves in a manner that would be acceptable and suitable in a public space (i.e.: appropriate dress and use of language).
7. All meetings must be free of charge to participants.
8. Virtual meeting rooms may not be used for commercial and/or for-profit purposes, including investment seminars, sales/service demonstrations, programs by private for profit health care representatives, etc.
9. If your organization or group is holding a lecture or other meeting that may be beneficial to the public, you may be asked to contact the Program Coordinator and make it a Library-sponsored open event.
10. All publicity for non-Library sponsored meetings must clearly indicate the name of the sponsoring agency. The Library shall not be identified or implied as a sponsor unless the meeting has been scheduled with the Program Coordinator and is open to the public.
11. The views or opinions expressed by individuals or groups utilizing the Library’s virtual meeting rooms shall not be construed as the views or opinions of the Library or any of its officers or employees.
12. To give all qualified groups access to this service, no person/group may book a virtual meeting room more than once a week.
13. Assistance with Zoom may be requested during regular Library hours and will be subject to staff availability.
14. Failure to comply with these regulations may result in the suspension of a person/group’s Zoom meeting privileges.
15. Final interpretation of these policies rests with the Board of Trustees and is to be implemented by the Library Director. The Library reserves the right to virtual meeting room privileges at any time.